Scopus Pros and Cons
- Obtain Scopus Author ID automatically
- Obtain an author publication list
- Obtain citation metrics
- Link to Orcid, another researcher identifier system
- Scopus Author ID only offered to authors who have published in journals indexed by Scopus.
- Author identification information may not be accurate (click here for information as to how to verify/correct your Scopus author profile).
- No online user profile available
- Only offered to authors that have papers published in journals indexed by Scopus
What is Scopus Author ID?
"Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research" (Elsevier ).Many authors have similar names. The Scopus Author Identifier distinguishes between these names by assigning each author in Scopus a unique number and grouping together all of the documents written by that author.This feature is especially useful for distinguishing between authors who share very common names like Smith or Wang or Lee.
You will be automatically assigned a Scopus Author ID when you publish in a journal indexed by Scopus.
(click here for information as to how to verify/correct your Scopus author profile).
Scopus Author ID - More Information
Once you have a Scopus Author ID
Ensure that Scopus has matched all your publications to your Scopus Author ID correctly.
Use the Scopus to ORCID wizard to send your Scopus Author ID details and publication list to ORCID.
Linking Scopus ID with ORCID