April 2019 : Medical Marijuana
Library Services Medical Marijuana Disclaimer:
- While medical cannabis is legal for use in Canada with a physician's order, medical cannabis is not a Health Canada-approved treatment.
- Persons under age 25 should not use cannabis without the guidance of a healthcare provider.
- Information supplied by Library Services is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to substitute the advice of a physician. Consult your physician or other relevant health professional for specific information on personal health matters to ensure that your individual circumstances are considered.
- As of October 17, 2018, recreational cannabis is legal in Canada. Self-medicating with recreational cannabis is not a safe substitute for receiving medical cannabis from a licensed seller under the direction of your healthcare provider.
- Source: Arthritis Society - https://arthritis.ca/treatment/medication/medical-cannabis