The eBooks on EBSCOhost collection includes nearly 200 electronic books purchased by the LRC to meet the needs of our users. The collection can be read 24 hours a day via the Internet by Michener users. eBooks on EBSCOhost also has over 3,000 publicly accessible classics of literature and history.
eBooks on EBSCOhost FAQs
- Can I access eBooks on EBSCOhost from home?
- How do I find out which titles are available?
- How do I search within the eBooks on EBSCOhost collection?
- Why should I sign up for a My EBSCOhost Folder?
- How do I create a My EBSCOhost Folder?
- How do I read an eBook on EBSCOhost?
- Can I download eBooks on EBSCOhost to my computer/a reading device?
- Can I print from eBooks on EBSCOhost?
Can I access eBooks on EBSCOhost from home?
- Yes, authorized Michener users can access eBooks from home using their network/Outlook (email) username and password.
How do I find out which titles are available?
- If you do a search in the LRC’s catalogue, titles that we subscribe to will be marked with a computer icon and will have a link to “Connect to this resource”. This will connect you directly to the title.
- To see all of the full-text eBooks, including those that are publicly accessible, connect to eBooks on EBSCOhost . In the search field, enter (FT Y OR FT N).
How do I search within the eBooks on EBSCOhost database?
- Go to eBooks on EBSCOhost and enter your search terms in the basic search box at the top of the page; use the Search Options below to set your options.
- Use the advanced search to get more options.
Why should I sign up for a My EBSCOhost Folder?
- Establishing an account allows you to create a list of links to your favorite eBooks on EBSCOhost and to add notes within any eBook. This account will allow you to work within all of the EBSCOhost databases, not just eBooks.
How do I create a My EBSCOhost Folder?
- Click on Sign In near the upper right hand corner of the search page. Select Create a New Account.
- Enter the requested information.
- Select the Save Changes button.
How do I read an eBook on EBSCOhost?
- You can read the eBook by clicking on eBook Full Text. While it is being viewed, nobody else can read the book.
- To move from page to page, at the bottom of the screen, click on the right or left arrow, or enter a page number in the box and click on Go. Use the Table of Contents to access individual chapters, or click on the first icon under Tools (on the right side) to find individual words in the text.
Can I download eBooks on EBSCOhost to my computer/a reading device?
- Currently, Michener’s eBooks on EBSCOhost may not be downloaded.
Can I print from eBooks on EBSCOhost?
You can print individual pages for educational and research purposes by using the print icon under Tools (on the right side). All subscribed titles are copyrighted.