Excel Basics - Learning Objective #3:
Demonstrate an understanding of basic Excel tasks by entering information into sample worksheets:
Skills and concepts covered:
- Typing in Data
- Copying and Pasting Data
- Rename Sheets
- Add and Remove Columns and Rows
- Click on cell A1 → Click on the formula bar → Type “Staff member.”
- Click on cell B1 → Click on the formula bar → Type “Number of clients served.”
- Select the Data worksheet → Click and drag with the select cursor to highlight the names → Right-click with the mouse and select copy.
- Navigate back to the first worksheet → Click cell A2 → Paste the information by right-clicking and selecting paste → Click the leftmost paste that looks like a sheet of paper.
- Type in data for clients served: in cells B2 to B7.
- Rename Sheet1: Double click on the Sheet1 tab → Choose a more descriptive name of your choosing.
- Add a new “department” column: use the column select cursor to highlight column B → Right-click and select insert → Put “Department” in cell B1 → Fill in department codes (ICU, ER, OR.).