Excel Basics - Learning Objective #6:
Visualize information in a worksheet by converting data into chart form:
Skills and concepts covered:
- Create a Basic Column Graph
- Put information in a table into chart format → Select the “Clients Served by Day of Week” worksheet → Select all of the information in the table by highlighting cells A1 to B7.
- On the ribbon, select the Insert tab → In the Charts section, select Column.
- Choose a column chart type (suggestion: 2D clustered column; leftmost option in the first row) → Click on the column chart type → The chart will appear in the middle of the worksheet.
- Change the title of the chart → Click the chart title type Clients Served.
- Type in “by Day of Week” so the title reads “Clients Served by Day of Week” → Click anywhere outside of the chart.