Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Want more than we can give?
For an array of helpful resources, check out:
Dean Giustini's Health Library Standards, Value & ROI
This Wiki, managed by librarian Dean Giustini, includes links and annotation for core documents of standards, methodolgy and research findings from associations, government agencies and the research literature.
Dean Giustini's Managing Health Libraries
A wiki, managed by D. Giustini has an array of resources for all aspects of managing a healthcare library including: Advocacy, competencies, & 'What health librarians so' section
Image courtesy of [Master isolated images] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
How to use this Guide
Pick and choose from the tools and suggested practices in this guide that you think are most helpful for:
- Collecting data on the use of services and collections (print and online)
- Evaluating feedback from patrons
- Evaluating specific services and projects
- Monitoring change
- Reporting the value of your services
We've worked as a team to 'define' what we call 'Value Categories'. Feel free to browse around, but don't forget when you see the down arrow - there's more 'Value categories' to be found!
Each page will consist of at least the following sections:
- Task-force Recommendations: Our Task-force is offering up some guidance! Take it, leave it, or apply it how YOU see fit
- What is this?: This is a brief description of what that 'Value Category' entails
- Top Resources: This is where you'll find either a reference to a top Task-force recommended book, document, or link
- Give me an Example! : This is a very brief, and hopefully practical, example of one way to apply this value-added resource or tool to your Library
You'll also see the following icon on every page, so if you want a brief description of selected terms used throughout this guide, just click on the button!